Basic Cinnamon Porridge
- 90g oatmeal
- 250 - 300ml milk of choice or water (to add depending on the cooking)
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and milk.
- Add the oatmeal, banana and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Treat yourself with toppings of your choice: seasonal fruits, peanut butter, maple syrup...
This recipe was created by Vesela Savova, dietetic and nutrition advisor in Luxembourg. Visit his blog Plateful Nutrition for more recipes.